» Ilham Aliyev
İlham Heydar oğlu Aliyev was born on December 24, 1961 in Baku. In 1967-1977, he studied in the school № 6 in Baku city. In 1977, he entered Moscow State International Relations Institute (MSIRI) and after completing his education, he entered the postgraduate department of the same Institute in 1982. In 1985, he defended a dissertation and got the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the historical sciences. He worked as a teacher in Moscow State International Relations Institute in 1985-1990.
In 1991-1994, he worked in the private business sector and presided over several production-commercial enterprises.
From 1994 till August 2003, he has been the vice-president, later the first vice-president of State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic. At the same time, he has been the President of Azerbaijan National Olympic Committee since 1997. He has been awarded with the Supreme Order of the International Olympic Committee for his contributions in this field.
In 1995 and 2003, Ilham Aliyev was elected Member of Parliament of Azerbaijan Republic. In 2003, he was appointed the Prime Minister of Azerbaijan Republic. In 1999, he was elected the Deputy Chairman of the ruling New Azerbaijan Party, in 2001, the first Deputy Chairman, and in 2005 the Chairman of the Party.
In 2001-2003, he has been the leader of the delegation of the Parliament of Azerbaijan Republic in the European Council Parliamentary Assembly. In January, 2003, he was elected the Deputy Chairman of the European Council Parliamentary Assembly, and Bureau member of the ECPA.
He was elected President of Azerbaijan Republic on October 15, 2003. In April 2004, he was awarded the honorary member diploma and Medal of the ECPA for his active participation and commitment in the work of the ECPA.
On October 15 2003, Ilham Aliyev was re-elected the President of Azerbaijan Republic.
President Ilham Aliyev has been awarded a number of order, medal, and honorary names of Azerbaijan and the foreign countries:
• Heydar Aliyev order (Azerbaijan Republic);
• Ihsan Dogramaci award for international relations and peace (Turkey);
• Star of Romania Order (Romania);
• King Abdulaziz Order (The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia);
• Order of Honor (Georgia);
• “Great Cross of the Honor Legion” (France);
• Order of Seykhulislam (Azerbaijan Republic);
• “Prepodobnıy Serqiy Radonejskiy” fist degree Order of the Russian Orthodox Church;
• “Great Kordon” Order of Honor (International Military-Sports Council);
• “Order of Honor” of the Sport Organizations’ International Conference of CIS countries;
• The greatest “Sports Myth” order of the Honor Hall of FILA;
• The Great Cross Order “For Services” of the Poland Republic;
• Honored Doctor of Baku State University (Azerbaijan);
• Honored Doctor of Lincoln University (the USA);
• Honored Doctor of Moscow State International Relations University;
• Professor of L.N.Qumilyov- Eurasia National University (Kazakhstan);
• Honored Doctor of Bilkent University (Turkey);
• Honored Doctor of National Academy of Taxes (the Ukraine);
• Honored Doctor of Ploesti Oil and Gas University (Romania);
• Honored Professor of National and World Economy University (Bulgaria);
• Honored Doctor of Kyung Hee University (South Korea);
• Honored Doctor of Jordan University (Jordan);
• Honored Doctor of social sciences of Korvinus University (Hungary);
• Honored Professor of Moscow State University named after M.V.Lomonosov (Russian Federation)
I.Aliyev main services during his presidency (from 2003 till present):
• The Decree on the approval of the State Program on the Socio-economic Development of Regions of Azerbaijan Republic (2004-2008) was signed;
• 1 million new jobs were opened in Azerbaijan;
• “Heydar Aliyev” order was established;
• The Decrees on the “Publication of National Encyclopedia of Azerbaijan Republic” and “The mass publication in the Latin graphics in the Azerbaijan language were signed;
• The Azerbaijan Consulate in Tabriz was opened;
• The Azerbaijan part of Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil pipeline was put into operation;
• The 1st and 2nd Congress of World Azerbaijanis were held in Baku;
• The first oil production started in the Central Azeri part of “Azeri-Chirag-Guneshli” fields;
• Settlements were built for the refugees and internally displaced persons and tent campuses were abolished;
• The construction of enormous bridges began in Baku city;
• The construction of great infrastructure projects- Olympic sport complexes throughout the country;
• The repair and reconstruction works began in the Azerbaijan portion of the automobile roads that are part of the historic “Silk road”;
• Large-scale repair and reconstruction works of the objects of state importance started in the country;
• 262 km long Oguz-Gebele-Baku water pipe was built to improve the water supply of capital Baku city.